Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New plan of attack


New plan of attack

I'm only 2 days into this and I'm already changing my plan of attack.  The app I purchased doesn't give me a "weeks" look at the training plan, I can only see what they want me to do on any given day, which wouldn't be a problem, except on MWF my workout is an hour cardio/strength program.  So I need my run days to be T/Th/Sat with Saturday being my long run day.  This is a bit off, I know, because ideally I would have my rest day before my long run, not after.  But whatever.

Anyway.  The new plan.  After talking with a friend at church who participates in Triathlons (no desire to do THAT) she mentioned that her training buddy and she follow Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program for Novices that they found online.  So I went and found that and am altering it a bit to fit in with and around my current cardio/strength regiment. My projected week looks like this:

Monday: Cross train with Cardio/strength
Tuesday: Run
Wednesday: C/S
Thursday: Run+
Friday: C/S
Saturday: Long Run
Sunday: Sabbath

And I already broke this program by not resting today and running.  I'm not quite up to their recommended first week of training so I'll take a couple of weeks to get there.  Today I completed 3.0 miles in 36:16 with a breakdown that goes like this:
0-.25                    warm up
.25-2.25               ran 6.0mph
2.25-2.75             incline walk 4.0mph
2.75-3.0               cool down

I intended to run 2.5 miles but was having quite a bit of knee pain in my right knee so I quit .5 mile early.  Don't worry about me, though.  I go to church with a couple of fabulous physical therapists so I'm going to get the hook up next Sunday for a free evaluation.  They won't even know what hit 'em ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment