Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today's Run


Today's Run

I have been feeling a little "off" so I haven't worked out since Monday, and haven't run since Sunday.  So when I declared myself "better" today, i was well rested and ready to go.  Kyle had an errand to run during nap time today and I feel weird enough going out to our detached guestroom where our treadmill is to run since I can't hear anything that is going on in the main house with the kids etc. that I didn't want to run outside.  I need to start running outside and get used to it before I get to used to "keeping up" with the treadmill and not truly propelling myself on my runs.  Anyway.

The Breaky-Break down goes like this:
0-.25              warm up
.25-2.75         ran 6.0
2.75-3.5         increased pace 0.1 mph for every passing 1/10 of mile.  So I ended my run running at 7.0
3.5-4.05         cool down

I didn't catch my final "time" I did my cool down on the phone with my sister-in-law and was distracted trading stories about silly 4 year old little boys.  I intended to only run 3 miles, but my knee was only slightly hurting and I was feeling good, so instead of stopping at 3.25 at a 6.5mph pace, I kept going another half mile.  Go me.  Because being able to go that extra 1/2 mile is going to make me not die during a 1/2 marathon. *sarcasm*  I need to focus on the progress I'm making and not focus on the fact that a half marathon is THIRTEEN POINT 1 MILES.  Which will take me 2 1/2 hrs running 10 minute miles (6.0mph pace).  Which also assumes that I'll be able to maintain a 6.0 for THIRTEEN POINT 1 MILES.  Okay.  Focusing on progress.  Focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment