Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Goin' on a Bear Hunt


Goin' on a Bear Hunt

Run: 3.74 miles/ hilly with music!
 Or just finishing a run.  Whatever.  I just got back and had K snap this picture while he was laying in bed.  I've gotta red face going on!  It was a windless, balmy 38 degrees when I finished running.
Now, I know I just told you I ran 3.74 miles, but my Garmin says I ran 1.87 miles and those things NEVER lie.  It helps to actually hit the start button at the beginning of a run.  The lap button doesn't really help.  And I didn't realize my mistake as it was pitch black and I couldn't see my watch for the first while.  Luckily I ran an out and back, so I started my watch at my turn around point.  And you can also see that I haven't switched my display to show my pace and/or splits.  All in good time, my friends.  All in good time.

My old an decrepit body:
I could feel my calf hurting a little off an on.  Mostly on the downhills when there was more impact.  But I'm icing again today.  My knee started hurting probably a quarter mile into mile three.  Saturday is my next long run.  Another 4 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment