Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The "long run" becomes "base miles"

4.19 miles/hilly and windy/ no music

Really I just wanted to say "Base Miles"  it makes me sound all official, like I know what I'm doing and I'm probably a really good and fast runner.  But in reality...none of those things are true.  Well maybe...no.  None of them.

Okay.  Oops.  I totally lied on the long run becomes base miles.  I just looked at my training plan and I should have only run 3.5 miles this morning.  Oh well.  At any rate....

It was windy this morning and there are a LOT more cars out and about on before dawn on a Tuesday morning than there are on a Saturday morning.  Don't worry mom, I'm more likely to twist my ankle while running on the shoulder than I am get hit by a car.  It was the warmest it's been on my run and I enjoyed running in shorts and a sleeveless shirt this morning.  It takes a lot less time to get ready this way.

I didn't really get done running at 11:22 this morning.  That's just when I managed to snap the picture.  As you can see my average pace was much better today.  I felt good today.  And I finally felt great at Body and Soul yesterday.  My knee did start hurting a bit around 3.4 miles, but overall my rest day did it's job.  We'll see how the week progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment